A number of causes, such as decay, injury, and periodontal disease, can lead to tooth loss. For the longest time, patients had to rely on dentures, which are anything but comfortable. One of the better solutions is dental implants. For the uninitiated, dental implants are replacement roots, which are fused to the jaw bone. These are made of titanium and can last a lifetime with little care. Should you consider dental implants for tooth restoration? We have discussed some of the benefits below for your help.
- Dental implants are comfortable. Unlike dentures, which can move around in the mouth, implants are fused to the jaw, and therefore, these almost feel like your natural teeth. You don’t need to bother about the feel and overall appearance anymore.
- Improve your speech. Dentures might be cheaper, but implants are better if you want to improve your speech. You don’t have to bother about dentures falling out as you speak, which is a big advantage for professionals who need to give big speeches.
- Dental implants help in shaping your mouth, which is again a big thing. Unlike dentures, which don’t always fit in the way as intended, implants are way better and can improve the shape of your face considerably.
- Implants work independently, and therefore, there is no need to reduce the nearby teeth, as required with bridges. Your remaining teeth are not damaged during the process of getting implants.
- Dental implants, as mentioned earlier, can last a lifetime. You don’t need to worry much, but it is advisable to visit your dentist for regular checkups. Most people have no pain or discomfort during the procedure, and whatever you feel will be much less complicated than tooth extraction.
Finding a dentist
If you want to get the best results with dental implants, you should look for a good dentist. Look for clinics like Santé Dentaire Globale that specializes in all forms and treatments of teeth restoration, and you can get the right advice on whether dental implants will work for you in the first place. Unless you have weak gums or other conditions, getting an implant shouldn’t be a complicated procedure and can be completed in just four sessions at the maximum. Some dental clinics also offer smile restoration treatments, which can be useful if you have stained teeth.
On your first appointment, do ask the relevant questions and seek an estimate for the treatment.